Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mog Madness

I've been participating in this fun thing called Mog Madness.  The first round was to put together something cloth.  I did a variant on the Baby Blue Delight I have on my transmog page.


I ended up getting some nice reviews for it.

========================================

JD: While I see the Guardian Saint robe used more often than some of the others, it’s not usually to this degree. There’s so much that works here, including the overall shade and, yes, even the hair matches. My favourite thing about this outfit is the Barabaric Loincloth as it ties into the feet, the gloves and the staff, very much pulling all of those items together.
14.1Effy: I think this outfit is put together with a lot of attention to detail, right down to the color of our Night Elf model’s hair. At first glance, I was a little thrown off by the staff, but the longer I look at this outfit, the more convinced I am that it fits and presents a very bold statement. Once again, I am fascinated by the beautiful use of great bracers that add to the outfit. The longer I comment on this outfit, the more I like it. 14.1
TotA: She looks marvelous. I don’t know how those Night Elf females manage to be scantily clad and yet still look respectable! I love the colors and this is another outfit that just works for me with nothing detracting and drawing my eyes to it. What can I say, yo dawg! 14.2
========================================

I was delighted but worried when I saw round two.

"The classes are limited to either a Hunter or a Druid and your outfit must be based on using either Marrowstrike or Glaive of the Pit (same skin)."

I knew this weapon from messing with it back in Wrath its really nice and...didnt go with a damn thing then.  That Bronze hued gold and dark blue just wasnt a match for, well, anything now even.  Some wildcard!

But looking at it and playing with the weapon it felt very Alliance.  While I had been going to go with a gold hunter and toss in some blues to sort of match I found some leather abd suddenly had an idea.  You see the leather, and the weapon, were very noble and elegant looking, not savage or natural like most druids.  But the jagged look made it have some fierceness to it so I thought it fit a Worgen Druid perfectly!

I felt this was an excellent time to make something for the alliance, the Worgen especially. Druids are their priests and with their noble culture I think such an outfit fits in well with a noble court of the alliance.  

Armor
ArmorSpaulders of the Ring
Lo'Ap's Tunic of Muck Diving
Shattrath Legings
Belt of Never-Ending Agony
Mud Encrusted Boots
Demonslayer Wristguards
Iceborne Gloves

I'm not too fond of the helms in this game but several add different feels to this outfit.  




Helm Comparison
Whisperwind Headress
Eye of Rend
Unwavering Gaze


Finally if you know me at all you know I love tauren so here is one with a lovely tauren lady showing off a nearly identical lok. Bracers needed a swap to make it work for the Horde and I lost the shirt.

Horde Alternate
Taureness - Trickster's Bindings to replace Alli only Bracers

I have my fingers crossed I'll do well with this since its not only a look but a concept behind the look...well the Tauren are probably less noble and more tribal but..she's so cute in it!

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice! I think it looks best on the Tauren female :) (not too fond of humans, hehe)

    ReplyDelete