Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blizzard Paranoia

I went over to a friend's house who also plays World of Warcraft.  Chatting a bit I decided to give them a bit of gold to get a new character started.  So I tried to log in using my authenticator.  That's when the stress started.

Blizzard popped up a message saying they detected a 'change in my login pattern' so my account was locked down.  WELL DUH!  I haven't logged in on this computer for a few months.




Just what the HELL is going on here?  What right do they have to tell me what computer I can or cant use to access MY account?  When I paid them money for the Authenticator it was to make sure I wouldn't have to deal with any of this after all as a part of their advertising.


Why the hell would I carry the thing around if I wasn't going to use it oh, say, AWAY FROM HOME!

Its a MOBILE authenticator.  I don't want to have to justify to your god awful Digital Rights Management wanna be software where I play MY game.  It took nearly fifteen minutes to change my password and restore my account to being valid each moment I wanted more and more to pummel Blizzard with a bigger baseball bat.

This isn't the first time I've had to fight with Blizzard over my account.  Any service provider change, any credit card change, when my address moved, I get to spend time off my life dealing with their damn crap!


Now I would love to complain about this but when I wrote a nice calm complaint about the system I was deleted and given a ban from the blizzard forums for it.

The people you get on the phone are jerks who just refer you to the forums telling you to just say the thing that got you banned again.

Seriously, WTF!?!?

Gah, I'm going to go find some kittens to pet.



No comments:

Post a Comment