Sunday, September 4, 2011

15 Days of Screenshots: Day 13, A Fond Memory

Shed a little tear, grin a little grin, and show us an image that invokes a fond memory for you. 

A little explanation.  My huntress is my second Warcraft character.  I really got into learning to be a good hunter as I started leveling up.  Then I discovered Petopia - the holy grail of pet lovers.

If your a hunter and you haven't visited you should, go now!
There i wandered the lovely screen shots of animals and studied stats and relative DPS and I found the one pet I just HAD to have.  So I worked my way up to 23 (Back in those days it took work), ignored the comments on how hard this was, and went out to the barrens.



Some of you old timers might know this tree by its looks and the lions under it.
It took a week and a half to find the rare spawn and not have someone kill it or steal it.  I played ICly as my Taureness on a spirit hunt to find her beast.  I remember trying to stay up later because I was just sure he would spawn, sleeping on the keyboard, and finding out I was right.

Day in, night out, sitting on the tree, waiting.
I kept going back to the game notes.  he had a 2.0 attack speed and I had a 1.2 attack speed so it was better vs casters and and...but the look of it and my character was just too perfect.Then one day I finally found him! Now if you asked me back then about screen shots I would of said the print screen button seemed broken, it never did anything, so I don't have a shot of that moment but its still vivid in my memory.

The Foehammer
I retired my old Rake and the son of Humar the Pridelord was my companion.  My orifinal cat aquired his name off of the tactic in PvP I used at the time.  I played Anvil and he played Hammer.  I would dash around people not trying to get out of melee range, just trying to avoid strikes, while my cat ate them.  It was hugely effective and confused more than a few of my foes.

He has stood at her side against foes in Vanilla, The Burning Crusade, The Wrath of the Lich King, and now in the Cataclysm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment