Friday, August 16, 2013

RP: A Letter to the Tears of Draenor

A bit of backstory.  Some RP happened with some of the guild Nightwill is in wanting to RP breaking away from the Horde to ally with the trolls.  While I was not able to get really involved with the RP Night did write a letter spelling out her feelings at the time.  here it is;

Friends and those once friends,

These will be some of the hardest words I have ever written.



When the Shu'halo and Orcs met I joined the Horde.  I never approved of the discarding of the old ways for the Orc's but the Horde had a value beyond the damage it did to the Shu'halo way of life.  I fought in every front against the enemies of the Horde.  They were my enemies - for we were one family.  I was proud when I was honored by the Frostwolves an honor only equalled by my joining the Tears of Draenor.

Battle wore at me as the wind does stone but I found my mate and family gave me strength to complete the task in Northrend.  But I was concerned for in Kalimdor Tanks, soldiers, stone, and lumber were being gathered at Theramore.  A causeway cut across the swamp built for the tanks.  Aimed at the barrens.  Excuses were made and nothing was done.

I retired with my mate to Camp Taurajo.  The land and life was good and it was a good place to bring my first child.  Then the Alliance and Theramore soldiers came.  I lost everything in their attack.  It was only by luck Foehammer and I survived.  The leader of the Barrens forces was weak, it made him easy to pressure into peace for Thrall, and faltered in our defense.  Only Deathwing arriving stopped the Alliance and Theramore form slaughtering everyone.

Thrall took no action in the Barrens.  Horde blood spilled and he was distracted.  Those he trusted were weak and ineffective.  Garrosh sent Warlord Bloodhilt and finally the Horde had a leader there that fought instead of hiding.  The Tears didn't care, whatever occupied them was too important.

While Thrall was off on his vision quest Warchief Garrosh fought along side us to not only stop the end of the world but to make it a better place.  when that battle was done Garrosh struck at the Alliance taking payment for the blood debt and pushing the Alliance off Kalimdor.  The rubble of Theramore is fit offering to the ghosts of the Barrens for both Proudmores aggression.

It is because of my Warchief I no longer hear the unavenged wails of friends, of my child, each night.  Their ghosts are at peace and for that I owe my Warchief.  He helped me when those that called themselves my family dismissed their lives.  The Alliance and Theramore killed without mercy and received, deserved, none in return.  The future is change do not fear it.  fear is the great betrayer that drives people to forget their oaths and honor.

Remember these words?

Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde.  For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.  From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Lok'tar ogar!

Nightwill Priderunner
The call to the hunt is deep within all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment